Saturday, July 06, 2013

coffee break heaven

What is YOUR favorite ice cream flavors? I like strawberry and coffee ice cream flavors. I have been looking all over for Blue Bunny's premium "Double Strawberry" flavor but couldn't find them anywhere. A few days ago I looked for it again and still nowhere to be found. Instead I found this:
"Coffee Break" ice cream flavor by Blue Bunny.

My eyes lit up as soon as I saw it! a coffee! an ice cream coffee! Oh this is gonna be heaven! What I'm happier about is that my family only likes vanilla and chocolates ice cream so this means I get to eat this ice cream all to myself...yum! (and no this is NOT a paid reviews lol!)

Our home's AC unit finally shot down after 10 years and needed a new one put in. Well the night before, my dear husband moved the clothes, baskets and bins sitting in our closet/bedroom out of the way so the guys coming in to replace the AC unit can go through our bedroom and get up to the other side of attic.


This is what he left me to do on MY day off:



I know..I know...I cringed too looking at these pictures. SO messy and SO much to do!
Now you are probably wondering why on earth would I post pictures of my messy room for all the world to see? The answer is simple: I am doing this so I can see it myself. yeah, I know I DO see it in person but it's different looking at it in the picture. It's like being outside looking in. Seeing how messy it is in the picture motivates me to clean up because after all I have to show/post an after picture that I cleaned up the room right? Right.

So...here's the after pictures. Go ahead...take a peek. 


 Looked much better huh? It's cleaned and organized. And....oh look! I even made the bed.

Retail Funnies:
While I was a greeter, a father and daughter walked in..as usual I greeted them with a smile and handed them the sales flyer:
Me: "Welcome to our store...everything's 50 percent off today."
Daughter: "everything?"
Me: "yes..everything.." (while the dad was looking I pointed out an example of the sales)
Daughter: "Dad! did you hear that? Everything's 50 percent off!"
Dad: "yeah..give me back my credit card."

journally yours,
gem

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love anything coffee flavored too! =)

Thank you for stopping by the other day @ not done growing. You asked about my 52 Weeks of Kindness, it is actually a link party run by Amber over at My Three Bittles. She started it at the first of the year. =)

Holly

Noor Unnahar said...

I love strawberry and vanilla flavours of ice-cream tooooo much . I can be called ice-cream junkie .
Lol , I love your retail funnies , for sure.
Noor @ Noor's Place

Unknown said...

Tin Roof Sundae is still my favorite ice cream. Love your retail funnies; needed to find humor in today. thanks!
Glad you got everything back in order Gem. I can understand how seeing pictures of the mess would motivate you. You did a good job; things look great.

Unknown said...

OMG... THE FATHER IS SO FUNNY... HE IS EXACTLY LIKE MY HUSBAND LOL! I LOVE BAGS TOO MUCH SERIOUSLY. I DON'T KNOW WHAT MY PROBLEM IS...